The Truth Hurts
by PamFord Davis

The truth hurts.

In this instance, it hurts me more than it hurts you

"And the contentions of a wife are a continual dripping (Proverbs 19:13b NKJ)."

That cuts to the quick. It's painful but true.

I would never submit my hubby to Chinese water torture. Yet, I frequently apply contention dripping as cruel and inhumane punishment.

'Shame! Shame! Shame!'

My grumbling is as annoying as a dripping faucet in the stillness of night.

'Drip, drip, drip.'

My contentions take on the aggravation of rain from a leaky roof dripping into a washtub.

'Drip, drip, drip.'

I seek a beauty treatment and a gentle spirit.

" rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God. For in this manner, in former times, the holy women who trusted in God also adorned themselves, being submissive to their own husbands, as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, whose daughters you are if you do good and are not afraid with any terror (1 Peter 3:4-6 NKJ)."


Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print