Weakness and Trials
by PamFord Davis

Paul was a proud man. That adequately describes the Apostle Paul. I don't want you to get the wrong impression; he was not arrogant or boastful about his natural abilities or encounters with Christ Jesus.

Not at all, he was a man of great humility. He boasted about his weaknesses and trials.

"And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure . For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, 'My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.' Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak , then am I strong (2 Corinthians 12:7-10 KJV)."

Oh, how the present day church needs Christ's power to rest upon us!

'LORD, rend our hearts to discern weakness as the entryway to your perfect strength.'

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print