God Has Better Ways.
by Olawale Ogunsola

There are myriads of problems confronting man. One thing is that humanity will always want solutions to those problems. Not only this, man has his own ways of solving problems according to the wisdom God gave him. However, man's ways are always different from God's ways and His ways are always better. His solutions are morin superior.

It is worthy of note that human problems are not caused by any other but they are self.inflicted. Man authors his problems.

For example, in the days of God's people, Israel, in the wilderness, God of their fathers fed them with Angel's food but soon, they hated the food and craved Egyptian meals. They complained against God, Moses and their provision thus,
"There is nothing to eat here and nothing to drink.
And we hate this horrible manna." Numbers 21:5. NLT.

As a result of this complaint, the Lord sent poisonous snakes among them and many were bitten and lost their lives.

These people of God realised their wrong-doing and wanted a solution to that snake attack.

What was their way of solving that problem?

They said,
"We have sinned by speaking against the Lord and against you(Moses).
Prray that the Lord will take away the snakes." verse 7.

Moses, their leader and lover of God's people listened to their request and went to God to present His people's demand before Him.
"Ttake away the snakes." was what the people wanted but their Creator had a better option.

What was this? God responded to Moses' prayer thus,
"Make a replica of a poisonous snake and attach it to a pole.
All who are bitten will live if they simply look at it!" verse 8.

Can you see the difference between man's solution and God's?

Let us examine about three benefits of God's solution here:
1. The snakes were commissioned as a disciplinary measure for His people's misbehavior. It was not the Israelites who expressly requested the snakes, so they could nott ask for them to be taken away. For the snakes to continue their corrective assignment, they must remain among them; to be their monitors.

2. It became a test of the children of Israel. God wanted to know those who will obey His instructions. The condition for getting healing was "look at" the replica of that poisonous snake. Therefore, whoever fails to look at it chose to die and his blood would be object his head. He had no one to blame for his death.

3. It was designed to be a "type" of what would happen later. It became a reference point later because Jesus referred to it. He said He must be lifted up on a tree as Moses did a replica of a poisonous snake in the wilderness.

So, God remains the most supreme. He reserved the right to do the best He thought.

My beloved reader, present your request to the Lord but be prepared to accept whatever He chose to offer you because His options are always better with His reasons whether you understand them or not. He does everything in reference to His bigger plan for you, your generation and the coming ones.
Stay blessed and rapturable because the Lord is coming soon.

The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print