THE SOURCE OF TRUE BLESSINGS AND PROSPERITY
by Daniel Dela Dunoo

Text: Psalm 1:1-3
1 Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the path of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful; 2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and in His law he meditates day and night. 3 He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither; and whatever he does shall prosper. (New King James Version (NKJV)

Psalm 1:1-3 gives us a blueprint for a blessed and prosperous life and also indicates the source of true blessings and prosperity. The verse one concerns itself with the manner of life that must be avoided; the lifestyle the blessed avoid. This manner of life deals specifically with one's associations and where one seeks guidance; one is blessed if he or she does not take advice from the wicked. This implies that the blessed have no business seeking advice from the wicked.

The verse one also indicates that the blessed individual does not associate with sinners and mockers as in emulating their evil and abominable conduct. The blessed individual is mindful of his or her choice of friends.

The verse two indicates expressly that one is blessed if he or she is passionate about God's word; such an individual is interested in and delighted in reading, studying and meditating on the Holy Scriptures. The blessed thus commit themselves to a lifestyle of frequent meditation on God's word. The necessary result of such a passion and practice as indicated in verse two is what the verse three clearly spells out.

According to the verse three of Psalm one, the blessed man, that is, one who delights in God's word and meditates on it will prosper in whatever he or she does. This is likened to a tree planted by streams of fresh water that bears fruit in its season and whose leaves do not dry up.

As clearly demonstrated, the blessed and prosperous life is not a mystery; its source isn't either. The blue print is clearly expressed in Psalm 1:1-3. The Christian ought to avoid bad associations and negative influences as indicated in verse two. The Christian ought to delight in reading, studying and reflecting on the Holy Scriptures as often as possible. This way of life will automatically cause the believer to live a blessed and prosperous life. This in a nutshell is indicative of the fact of Scripture; God is the source of true blessings and prosperity and that he does so through the agency of his word, that is, the continual study and meditation on the Holy Scriptures.

For further studies: Proverbs 10:22, Joshua 1:8, Job 36:11,Isaiah 1:19, Psalm 52:7,
Galatians 3:13-14.

Prayer: Dear Lord, Scripture teaches me that you are the true source of blessings and prosperity and that you do so through your blessed word. Create in me a love and passion for reading, studying, meditating and obeying your word. In your mercy, grant that your blessings and prosperity be continually evident in my life. In the matchless name of Jesus the Christ. Thanks a million.

Written by Daniel Dela Dunoo
[email protected]


I am a writer, editor, blogger & published author. I write from a Judeo-Christian worldview. 
Email: [email protected]. Blog: http://danieldeladunoo.blogspot.com / http:theroyalwordsmithgh.wordpress.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print