How To Position Yourself For God's Sure Mercies.
by Olawale Ogunsola

"...and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will shew mercy on whom I will show mercy." Exodus 33: 19c. KJV.

This was God's declaration to Prophet Moses. The Lord has the exclusive right to do this. After all, He is the Owner of ALL things. This is what He planned to do when it comes to special mercy. The question now is, "How do you position yourself for God's sure mercy?"

To receive God's sure mercy, a lot depends on you.

One. If you want to eat orange, you need to walk close to the owner of oranges. God owns mercy and shows it to those He purposed to show it. The first thing to do is to have a good rapport with Him. Your relationship with Him will determine what He will do to you.

For instance, as a child of God, if you please Him, He will not deny you of your need. He will satisfy you as His child. No one can stop Him from doing this. The Scriptures says this about Moses:
"Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which are on the face of the earth." Numbers 12:3.

Can the above be said about you? Do you have a humble heart? Before God and man, let your meekness be seen. The Lord will not hesitate to show His mercy to the humble.

Therefore, have a smooth relationship with Him and walk in meekness before Him.

Two. You must be merciful. Show mercy to others if you want God to show you His own mercy. He told Moses that He "will show mercy on whom I will show mercy,"; I think the first on the list of who will receive mercy is those who show mercies. After all, sowing is reaping.

Begin to demonstrate God's mercy today!

"Be not deceived: God is not mocked; for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." Galatians6:7.

The Lord Jesus also assured in Matthew 5:7,
"Blessed are the merciful for they shall obtain mercy."

Three. There are steps to take. You need to take certain steps. For instance, a common reference to mercy of God is that of a malefactor who was nailed to the cross at the same time with Jesus Christ. He received a last minute mercy on the cross. It is noteworthy that the armed robber positioned himself for the mercy of the Lord.

How did he do this?

He was not the only one nailed to the cross with Jesus. His partner in crime was there also. His fellow criminal was railing on Jesus with,
"If thou be Christ, save thyself and us." Luke 23:39.

The one who received mercy did not do this. What were his steps?

*He rebuked the first one for not fearing God because he insulted Jesus Christ;

*He confessed his sins because he admitted that he received the right reward (dying on the cross) for his wrongdoing.

*He also testified that Jesus had done nothing deserving death on the cross. He witnessed to sinless life of Jesus Christ.

*He recognized Jesus as "the Lord" and confessed Him to be so.

*He then directed his request to the Lord on the cross when he said,
"Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom." Luke 23:40-43.

He was with Christ in Paradise on that day.

Have you also taken (or do you take) the above and other steps a God-fearing person should take?

It is never too late. Begin today.

Four. Have something good. It is very important to have "something good" in you that can attract God's mercy.

Jeroboam was given ten of the twelve tribes in Israel to be their king.
Because he did evil before God, so, He pronounced judgment on him and his house. However, one of his children obtained mercy. He was the only one in Jeroboam's house who died, was mourned and buried.

Prophet Ahijah said to Jeroboam's wife who went to inquire of the Lord,
"...the child shall die.
And all Israel shall mourn for him, and bury him:
for he only of Jeroboam shall come to the grave, because in him there is found some good thing toward the Lord God of Israel in the house of Jeroboam." 1 Kings 14:12-13.

Do you also have something good in you toward God? Let your heart be occupied with good things toward the Lord and you will position yourself for God's sure mercy.
Stay blessed and rapturable because the Lord is coming soon.

The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print