Do Not Abuse God's Mercies
by Olawale Ogunsola

God, the Creator of Heaven and earth, is the Father of mercies. He is full of mercies and so loving enough that He's always ready to show His mercies to all desevers and in many cases those who do not deserve it.

Let me, in a broad sense, group God's mercies into two: common or general and uncommon or special mercies. About the first group, Jesus has this to say to encourage His disciples to love,
"But I say unto you, love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you.
That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and unjust." Matthew 5:44-45.

This is a general mercy for all creatures: the good, the bad and the ugly.

There are other things that God gives to His creatures, especially mankind for His mercies' sake and "...that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest". (Psalm 51:4e-f).

The Lord God in His infinite mercies will always be clear anytime He delivers His judgment.
Do you know that He has certain expectation(s) from receivers of His mercies?
For instance, in Isaiah 5:1-7, He spoke of His vineyard which He took very good care of at no costs to the vineyard (Israeli). Note the following about the care:
*It was planted in a very fruitful hill;
*He fenced it. His protection was sure over His people;
*He planted it with the best vine;
*A winepress was there in it; *He did all that could be done to it.

He got a disappointing result because when "it should bring forth grapes, and it brought forth wild grapes."
The Lord's response was "What could have been done more to my vineyard that I have not done in it? Wherefore when I looked that it should bring forth grapes, brought it forth wild grapes?" verse four.

When He declared what He planned to do to His vineyard, it was not in favor of the vineyard because it enjoyed God's mercy but failed to reciprocate.

Therefore, do not abuse God's available mercies, meet His expectations.

You may not believe it, God had given you all you need, not because of your effort, whether you know this or not, but because of His mercies.

Do you meet His expectations?

For the granted mercy, He has certain expectations from you. You should not bring forth "wild grapes" or wickedness. No evil act must be traceable to your abode.

Therefore, as He has shown you mercy, He has thought you how to be merciful. So, you must be one ready to learn from Him. You must understand His lessons. You should take after Him. Begin to show mercy as you have received mercy. Go about doing only good. Your kindness must permeate your environment and society at large.

Note that you must do so "in the Name of the Lord" who gives you ALL THINGS to enjoy. A careful examination or listing of His daily load of benefits which are direct products of His mercies will convict you that He has given you all things you need.

Those things you do not have, as you think, may be a result of covetousness, greed or being in a hurry. If it is your need and not wants, He will in His mercies give you in His own time, place and way.

That is why He expects your relationship with Him to be closer each passing day through His only begotten son, Jesus Christ, who was given to redeem MANKIND including you.

Do you meet His expectations? If you fail to, judgment will follow!

Do you want to be condemned when you are judged? I don't think you should desire this. It is better to be in His mercies forever by meeting His expectations: to show mercies and others mentioned in the Scriptures. This does not exclude His reply to your regular request, "Lord, what do you want me to do?"

Do not abuse His mercies, yield a very good fruit and it shall be well with you.
Stay blessed and rapturable because the Lord is coming soon.

The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print