Kool-Aid Kid
by PamFord Davis

I was a Kool-Aid kid of the 1950's & 60's generation.

Mom emptied packets of favorite Kool-Aid flavor granules into a Tupperware pitcher, filled the container with water from the tap, and added ample cubes of ice. The refreshing and inexpensive drink was a summertime mainstay.

This morning, when filling ice cube trays, I thought of Kool-Aid. In my childhood, there were no parental health concerns over food color-dyes or the additional cup of sugar.

My Mom was attempting to satisfy thirst of five energetic children. Kool-Aid met the need.

"As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God (Psalm 42:1-2 KJV)."

Jesus came to our aid. He alone is able to satisfy my spiritual thirst for a personal relationship with God.

"But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst ; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life (John 4:14 KJV)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print