Life Is Like A School.
by Olawale Ogunsola

"In school, you will be given the lessons after which tests will follow.
In life, you will be given the tests from which you derive the lessons."

At the time of writing this piece, I did not remember the name of the author of the wise saying above. It is a true statement indeed because it is a sincere portrait of life.

Have you at any time considered life as a form of school or college? Those who do so have little or no problem(s) handling challenges confronting them on the journey of life. They rarely brood over negative circumstances. They speak a different language from those who have not seen life as a form of school.

A school has divisions and subdivisions. For instance, in Nigeria, a secondary school is divided into two major parts, junior and senior secondary schools. It does not end there, each section is divided into three classes; that is Junior Secodary Schools 1,2,3, and Senior Secondary shools 1,2,3.

This divisions vary from nations to nations. You can think for a moment of what obtains in your own country.

In school, lessons are attended by students of each class for three terms each year. Each term ends with an examination, besides continuous assessment tests for each student. Both will be taken into account when results are computed to determine each student's performance for that term. At the end of the year, each student's performance will determine his promotion to the next class.

A lot of investments in time, finance and effort go into passing continuous assessment tests, home works and other examinations. No stone will be left unturned by any serious student to succeed.

Every student wants promotion and not repetition or demotion.

Do you remember the price you paid to obtain any of your academic qualifications? Take a few minutes to list some of them. Was the cost worth it? Do you now happily reap its benefits?
How often do you remember what you paid to earn those certificates?

I think it has now become a "sweet success story"!

Life has some similarities to school with a few modifications.

In school, there are divisions as much as it is in real life. Each person's life is divided into years, months, weeks and days. These accumulate into decades, centuries and millennia. Very few people nowadays attain to a century as an age; but many still spend some decades.

In July 2015, a man died at the age of one hundred and forty-five (145years). This is very rare in today's world.

In life, as in the school, there is room and need for promotion. Everyone should crave this in every sense of the word. As in the school, it is mandatory to obtain pass marks to be promoted.

In life also, there are major exams and regular assessment tests that must be passed to be eligible for promotion. The marks must be balanced, at least average marks must be obtained.

However, in life, unlike in the school, you will be given the major exams and tests from which you derive expected lessons. Failure to obtain necessary lessons may call for a repeat or delay in leaving the 'class'. The earlier you obtain the lessons the better for you. It will hasten your leaving the class. Read the following words from the Scriptures to support these:
"If there arises anong you a prophet or a dreamer of dreams, and he gives you a sign or wonder, and the sign and wonder comes to pass, of which he spoke to you, saying, 'Let us go after other gods'- which you have not known- 'and let us serve them' you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams, for the Lord your God is TESTING you to know whether you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. " Deuteronomy 13:1-3.
This is a type of test and there are many others with the Maker of the Universe.

As a result of this, do not be dejected because of your present predicament. Patiently and diligently obseve ALL the lessons to learn from it. This will help you to be promoted to another class or qualify you to be admitted to another school of life.

To be admitted to a university calls for your having the required G.C.E. 'O' (sometimes 'A') Level subjects with specific grades.

In which school of life are you? Are you in Barrenness College or School of Poverty? Are you enrolled in a College of Hill-health? Are you already admitted into any University of Hard-knocks?

Cheers! Learn the lessons from the tests. You will soon graduate with brilliant grades. Thereafter, you will reap the bountiful benefits attached to it soon or later in life. Only set the Lord always before you and let Him be at yourv right hand forever. You will never be removed.
Stay blessed and rapturable because the Lord is coming soon.
Note.
All Scriptures quoted are from New King James Version of The Holy Bible.

The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print