Heart to Heart
by PamFord Davis

The Father inspired all of the writers of the Bible. Many shared true stories of women throughout the sacred pages of the Old and New Testaments. The women of faith were flawed; yet, they inspire me to trust him with my life and to surrender my family into his providential care.

Consider the eulogy of Sarah

"And Sarah was an hundred and seven and twenty years old: these were the years of the life of Sarah (Genesis 23:1KJV)."

I find it nearly impossible to separate the life of Sarah from that of her husband, Abraham; I can relate to that. I have been married to my husband Norm for nearly forty-eight years. Likely, most people think of him, when I come to mind.

Sarah's mind was on her marriage covenant relationship with Abraham. I ponder such submission.

"Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are , as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement (1 Peter 3:6 KJV)."

Sadly, Sara (Sarah) sometimes rebelled against Abraham role as head of their home, resulting in conflict and calamity. They did not always see things eye-to-eye. I would rather remember how they viewed eternity, heart-to-heart.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print