Beauty Versus Behavior.
by Olawale Ogunsola

"Don't be concerned about outward beauty of fancy hair styles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes. You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God. This is how the holy women of old made themselves beautiful. They trusted God and accepted the authority of their husbands." 1 Peter3:3-5. NLT.

The above quoted verses have been (and still are) a serious source of doctrinal controversies among the people of God.

Whereas, this ought not be so.

A careful study of the Scriptures will convince us that every word from the Scriptures is for the benefits of everyone who abides by it. It is rich in content and application.

Many times, however, we fail to "...fully obey the Lord your God and carefully keep all his commands..."(Deuteronomy 28:1).

A more careful examination of the verses reveals that
*They teach moderation because too much of everything is bad.
*They encourage balance between the spiritual and the physical.
*They encourage more focus on the inner man and how to make him beautiful.

These are always forgotten.

Every creature has twenty-four hours at its disposal. What is important is "how" these hours are spent in that this directly dictate what will happen to each creature, most especially, man.

Many women spend hours on ensuring they look best outwardly. They care for the external man. They never fail to "acquire" all things they feel are necessary to achieve this.

Cosmestics also take a good bunch of their income in their attempt to look beautiful. Do you know what the Scriptures say about this external decorations?
"Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last,
but a woman who fears the Lord will be praised." Proverbs 31:30.

Do not deceive people with your outward appearance. Take care of your REAL self who is within.

Your inner contents will influence what you will receive and what will happen to you.

Your behavior is a direct product of your inner man.

Unfading beauty is a result of "spiritual cosmestics". It benefits the spiritual and physical man that you are. A few of these are listed below: *a gentle spirit;
*a quiet spirit;
*holiness;
*trust in the Lord;
*ability to accept the authority of their husbands;
*absence of fear.

Understand that to accept the authority of your husband is not slavery or servitude. It does not make you inferior in any form. However, it guarantees your security in every way.

Sarah's lifestyle, Abraham's wife, remains a good reference point. Because she was able to submit to her husband's authority. King Abimelech said to her,
"...behold, he (Abraham) is to thee a covering of the eyes; unto all that are with thee, ..." Genesis 20:16. KJV.

Who is to you "a covering of the eyes"? You need one; your submission will procure this for you.

Sarah accepted Abraham's authority, although a beautiful woman, that she called him "Lord!" or "Master!" . Do you know what? Kings and Princes craved her beauty when she was more than sixty.five years old. Can any man-made cosmestics do this? You know better! How do you think face powder will look like on one hundred years old woman? Can it make her as beautiful as when she was twenty or thirty years?

Therefore, let your behavior retain your home and job. Do not totally rely on your physical beauty alone, beautify your real YOU within and enjoy its benefits. How you behave will determine a lot about you and your end in life.

Your beauty can secure you a job but your behavior can turn the tide against you and you may lose it. Your beauty can secure you a husband but your behavior may turn you to an ex-wife.

Be not intoxicated by your external beauty, beautify your inner man to possess a lasting and enviable beauty.
Stay blessed and rapturable because the Lord is coming soon.
Note:
KJV is King James Version of the Scriptures.


The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print