What Are You Fighting For?
by Annagail Lynes

for though the righteous fall seven times, they rise again, but the wicked stumble when calamity strikes. - Proverbs 24:16 (NIV).

My initial reaction when I mess up, when I throw my life off balance, into chaos, is to just hide, to go start my life over somewhere else.

I want to cut myself off from the world.

Yet it takes more courage to stand, to face the music, and re-build the remains of my life.

It takes more courage to face up to what I have done and accept what happens next.

It takes more courage to continue living than to just cash out emotionally, mentally or spiritually.

Courage is not the absence of fear but the judgment that something is more important than fear.

We have to determine what means more to us than our fear.

What are those things in our lives that we can't stand to lose? Those things that make life worth living?

Then we have to fight for those things.

That may mean having talks we've been putting off. That may mean putting up boundaries with people who not good for us.

If something is worth fighting for, it is worth doing these things. It is worth the discomfort, worth the potential risk and pain.

Determine what is important to you today and fight for it.

When you fall down, get back up. Fight for what you believe in and move forward because my God will take all your messes and make something wonderful out of them.

As Romans 8:28 (NIV) says "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."



Annagail Lynes is a pharmacy technician, certified life coach and ordained minister.  She is helping people move forward after trauma by helping them discover their purpose. Follow her blog at 316counseling.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print