The Most Important Hour
by Jennifer Cardinal

Psalm 143:8 "Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you."

The morning hours are by far my favorite moments in the day. I love waking up early and being in the stillness while the rest of the house still dreams. I can hear the crickets still singing which have not stopped yet from the night before. The air is fresh and cool. There is this overall promise of a new day and a quiet anticipation of all that it may bring. It is a time of peace. The morning reminds me as I still myself, I sense the presence of God.

In the quiet, I become more aware of His presence. As the pace of my day picks up , I begin to cook breakfast, prepare lunches and go through my to-do list. My mind starts to fill with all the day-to-day things that life brings. Yet I know in all my rushing about, He is still there. It is not that He is more present in the quiet but that I am more present.

This quiet is where I learn to be with Him, to hear Him, to sense Him. As my day and my life fill up, this practice of being in the quiet with Him starts to spill over into moments with Him even in the rush, in the hustle and bustle of my life. Like a cup being poured into, it starts to pour out of me. My quiet time with my ever-present, everyday God sets my mind, trains my thoughts and helps me to see Him and hear Him more clearly. This is sacred time. The most important hour of my day.

My morning time with Him is a gift. New beginnings. Stillness. Being in His presence. This is my time with my teacher, my guide, the Lord of my life. He acts as the lamp for my feet, the light guiding my path. Just as I treasure a date night with my husband or reading a story with my son, this too is a priority just being with Him.

He made me for this, for relationship, with others and with Him. Through my relationship with Him, everything else in my life will come together as it should. Thus, I order my day and greet Him in the morning, happy to spend that time with Him and grateful that I have it.

May I never forget the gift of lingering in your presence and all that it brings. Thank you God.

My family and I recently moved across the US from NV to CT.  This has brought about great change in our lives as well as in my own personal walk with God. I have re-discovered an old love of mine in this process - writing. I appreciate your feedback. Thanks for reading.  [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print