How To Prevail In Prayer To Receive Answered Prayers
by Ngozi Nwoke

Only those who prevail in prayers prevail in life and only those who travail ever prevail in the altar of prayers. Prevailing prayers require that you engage your entire being in prayers. It is a process of invoking divine intervention in prayers

Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.

Who hath heard such a thing? Who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? Or shall a nation be born at once? For as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children - Isaiah 66:7-8 (KJV)

...the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months - James 5:16-17 (KJV)

Many people are praying but few are prevailing and returning with their testimonies. It takes prevailing in prayer to have dominion over that challenge in your life. And knowing how to travail in prayer empowers you to prevail at all times.

How to prevail in prayers

1. Engage your heart to provoke divine intervention

Travail begins from the heart. It is pouring your soul unto the Lord. Engaging your heart will result in explosive answered prayers. Hannah poured her soul unto the Lord and God remembered her and she received Samuel. Her mouth was not moving but her heart was fully engaged, (1 Samuel 1:13-19)

2. It takes groaning in the Spirit to travail in prayers

This is engaging the help of the Holy Spirit in prayers. He makes intercession for saints with groaning and according to the will of God, (Romans 8:26-28). And when you pray according to the will of God, He hears you and grants you the petitions that you desired of Him, 1 John 5:14-15. The ultimate purpose of groaning is a supernatural change of level in life.

3. Engage in a cry of faith

A prayer of faith prevails with answered prayers. It commits God's integrity. Blind Bartimaeus cried out in faith and he secured Christ's attention, which led to Christ granting him his heart desire, (Mark 10:47-52). The cry of faith pleases God and moves Him to act on your behalf.

4. Engage effectual fervency in prayer

It is the intensity of your prayers that determines who prevails in prayer. Elijah prayed with fervency and the heaven obeyed his instructions. Rain did not fall for three and half years as he prayed and fell only after he prayed for rain to fall, (James 5:16-18)

It doesn't take time to command a change; it only takes a genuine practice of the truth to command a change. As soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children. So also, until you travail in prayer, your answered prayer is not in view. Therefore, travail today in prayers and you will prevail over that situation.

Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print