Are You Redeemed?
by Annagail Lynes

Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are Mine. Isaiah 43:1 (ESV)

God has redeemed us. This word redeemed is the Hebrew word ga'al, which means to act as kinsman-redeemer, avenge, revenge, ransom, do the part of a kinsman.

You might have heard of a kinsman-redeemer in the book of Ruth. Although it is not mentioned in this book, many preachers and teachers of the Gospel like to call Boaz a kinsman-redeemer.

Ruth and her mother-in-law had no money. Ruth gathered leftover grain from the fields for them to eat.

Boaz, although not the closest relation to redeem them, went through the process of settling things with the closest relation, so that he could gain any property owned by Ruth's father-in-law and marry Ruth.

Jesus is our Kinsman-Redeemer. We, like Ruth, were desperate. We were drowning in our sins with an one-way ticket to Hell.

Nothing we did by our own efforts could change our fate.

Jesus came down to Earth to die on a cross for us. He hung on a cross and took the wrath and punishment of every one's sins who ever lived or will live.

He did this to tear down the separation between us and the Father.

We are now redeemed back to the Father. We are now back in right standing with God.

Not because of us and our efforts but because of Jesus and His efforts on the cross.

We are redeemed, and God calls us by name. We are His.

How amazing is that?

Annagail Lynes is a pharmacy technician, certified life coach and ordained minister.  She is helping people move forward after trauma by helping them discover their purpose. Follow her blog at 316counseling.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print