What Do You Meditate On?
by Annagail Lynes

This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. - Joshua 1:8

We are to meditate day and night.

What does the word meditate mean?

It is the Hebrew word hagah (daw-gaw'). This word means to to moan, growl (as a lion over his prey), utter, muse, mutter, meditate, devise, plot, speak.

For our purposes, to meditate is to mutter over and over again to yourself.

I take a Scripture that pertains to something I need to work on in my life.

I mutter that Scripture over and over to myself so that no one else can hear me if I am around people, such as when I am filling prescriptions at work or out loud if I am alone.

It doesn't help to do it just once or twice. The purpose is to get into our hearts, to have it become a way of life.

Think of the Word of God as food for your spirit.

You aren't wanting to come to the table and only nibble. You are wanting to come to the table and fully digest your meal.

To do this, you must imagine yourself as a cow. A cow has four stomachs.

The goal is to chew on your cud (the Word of God) until it travels through all four stomach chambers.

This may take a few hours, a few days, even a few years.

I usually know when it is digesting because God will give me a picture of to illustrate the Scripture.

He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? Romans 8:32 (KJV).

With this Scripture, God showed me a picture of Jesus on the cross. I could see Jesus suffering.

I could also see God the Father turning His back on Jesus and opening His arms for me to run into them. He said, "Now I can love you."

It's not that God didn't love us before. There was a partition of sin separating Him from us.

He couldn't love us like He wanted to because of the sin.

Once He punished and judged Jesus for our sin, His wrath with us was satisfied.

Now He can be the hands-on Daddy He always wanted to be.

I don't think you ever get every ounce of knowledge out each Scripture, but I do know that once you meditate on a Scripture, you will start to believe that Scripture.

This is an effortless way to increase your belief, to increase your trust in God.

Take Scriptures that pertain to whatever you are going through.

Write the Scriptures down. 3 x 5 cards, in your phone, anywhere where you will see them all the time.

Then mutter those Scriptures to yourself throughout the day. You might want to only start with one.

You might not think you are getting anywhere with it, but keep at it. You will be amazed by the results.

By this, you will make you way prosperous and have good success.


Annagail Lynes is a pharmacy technician, certified life coach and ordained minister.  She is helping people move forward after trauma by helping them discover their purpose. Follow her blog at 316counseling.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print