Past Appointment Time Stress Disorder
by PamFord Davis

I am suffering from PATSD [Past Appointment Time Stress Disorder]. I have not been feeling well for the last few days, so called the doctor's office this morning to schedule an afternoon appointment. The receptionist was prompt, courteous and scheduled a 2:45 appointment time.

Upon arrival, I was surprised to see how busy the waiting room was. I knew better than to go this morning. Monday mornings are normally very busy. After signing in with the current time, time of my appointment, and name of my PA I found a seat.

Assuming many were walk-in patients or scheduled for appointments later than mine I waited to hear my name called. A nurse called out many names during the hour; none of them was mine. Just before 3:45pm, I heard 'Pamela Davis.' My stress level lessened a wee-bit.

Consider the plight of the paralytic; he had been waiting for 38 years.

"Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market a pool, which is called in the Hebrew tongue Bethesda, having five porches. In these lay a great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the water. For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had. And a certain man was there, which had an infirmity thirty and eight years. When Jesus saw him lie, and knew that he had been now a long time in that case, he saith unto him, Wilt thou be made whole? The impotent man answered him, Sir, I have no man, when the water is troubled, to put me into the pool: but while I am coming, another steppeth down before me. Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk. And immediately the man was made whole, and took up his bed, and walked: and on the same day was the sabbath (John 5:2-9 KJV)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print