Baby Proofing
by PamFord Davis

Most parents and grandparents are well acquainted with 'baby-proofing' a house. It begins as soon as a baby reaches the mobility stage. Having the ability to crawl, reach towards objects, and pull up along furniture, they are prone to have accidents. Alert, conscientious adults try to prevent peril.

Caregivers move breakables high up out of infant's reach, conceal electric outlets, place locks on cabinets and set up gates at staircases. In spite of all efforts, the unexpected may happen I once babysat for grandson, Ashley [then, likely less than a year-old/now twenty-one] in his home.

His parents and I had made the customary baby-proofing precautions. As I stood at the sink washing dishes, he entertained himself with pots, pans, plastic & wooden kitchen utensils. To my horror, I saw him pulled up to a silverware drawer, holding a sharp knife in his mouth!

To this day, I do not know what happened next, only that I did not scream or scare him. I was able to remove the knife successfully. [His parents did not remember ever seeing the knife before I showed it to them.]

When I accepted Jesus as my personal Lord and Savior, I was a babe in Christ. As guide, the Holy Spirit immediately began baby proofing my life. He knows all of the dangers in the lives of new believers. There were places I should avoid, activities that were detrimental to my growth in Christ. He has been the perfect guardian.

I follow His leading, towards spiritual adulthood.

"Brothers, don't be childish in your thinking, but be infants in evil and adult in your thinking (1 Corinthians 14:20 HCS)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print