The Gospel, Right Out of the Gate
by PamFord Davis

At Pentecost, the power of the Holy Spirit and Apostle Peter's message gave credence to Jesus claims. Peter, who in cowardice had once denied his Lord, stood boldly before a crowd of skeptics. With unabashed faith, he proclaimed the gospel 'right out of the gate'

"But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words (Acts 2:14 KJV)."

I can imagine Peter pushing up his sleeves, stepping forward and letting it rip! [See Acts 2:15-39] Preaching Jesus' crucifixion at their hands, his resurrection, and exaltation to the Father's throne, Peter called for commitment.

"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call (Acts 2:38-39 KJV)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print