12 Reasons People May Not Want to Apologize
by Tai Ikomi

Should I forgive only if I receive apology? 10 Reasons to Forgive.

Some people will never apologize.
1. Some will not because of a bad experience they had when someone rubbed it on them.

2. Some will not apologize because the person feels that apologizing is humiliating for them.

3. Some will not apologize because they are afraid you might tell everyone about their apology.

4. Some will not apologize because the person they apologized to did not accept their apology.

5. Some will not apologize because they think you may use it against them.

6. Some will not apologize because they are really not remorseful.

7. Some will not apologize because it is not in their culture.

8. Some will not apologize verbally but may do so in other ways.

9. Some people will not apologize because they are "never wrong."

10. Some people will not change because they do not want to change and apologizing will force them to.

11. Some will not apologize because they do not see anything wrong in what they did.

12. Others will not apologize because it was their goal to hurt you.

Do not wait for an apology that may never come. Do not place your life on hold by someone's refusal to apologize.

a. Jesus did not wait for the Pharisees and the religious leaders to apologize before He prayed for them for the forgiveness of their sins.

Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots (Luke 23:34).

b. Jesus did not wait for the Romans who were nailing Him to the cross to come apologizing before He prayed for them for the forgiveness of their sins (Luke 23:34).

c. Jesus did not wait for the disciples to put their act together before He prayed for them in advance when Satan wanted to sift them wheat.

But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren (Luke 22:32).

d. Jesus did not wait for Judas to repent before calling him friend.

And Jesus said unto him, Friend, wherefore art thou come? Then came they, and laid hands on Jesus, and took him (Matthew 26:50).

e. Jesus did not wait for Matthew, the tax-collector to come to him before He called him out not to heal him but to make him one of His apostles. Matthew was to become one of the Gospel writers.

Forgive because God has said so and because it is good for you. Forgive because this is what Jesus did on earth. Forgive for the forgiveness of your own sins. Enjoy your decision to forgive irrespective of other people's action or reaction. Why should I forgive? It is the wise course of action to take. It is God's commandment. It is our duty to obey our Lawgiver.

Dr. Tai Ikomi is an author of over 30 books .and a conference speaker. She gives seminars on the Names of God and forgiveness after forgiving the drunk man who killed her entire family. She is the founder of Forgiveness Discipleship.

Dr. Tai Ikomi
[email protected]
www.forgivenessdiscipleship.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print