Yahweh Roi - The LORD My Shepherd
by Tai Ikomi

Yahweh Roi
(yah-weh roe-ee)

The LORD (Yahweh) My Shepherd

"The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want" (Psalms 23:1)

David addresses God as his own shepherd. David, being a shepherd, knew the love and care a shepherd gives his sheep. The shepherd knows the needs of the sheep. He knows how to feed them. He knows where to take them.

Like David, you can look up to God as your Shepherd. He is the good Shepherd. He will not turn you over to the wolves. You can trust Him to provide for your needs. You can trust Him to guide you in the way you should go. When you need restoration in any area of your life, you can count on Him to restore you.

When you need His presence to comfort you, you can trust in Him to be there for you and to comfort you. When the wolves think you are finished, you can trust your Shepherd not only to fight them off, but also to prepare a table before you in their presence.

You can believe Him to command His goodness and mercy to pursue you and overtake you. With Him as your Shepherd, you will not lack for any good thing. His name is Yahweh Roi, The LORD My Shepherd.

Praise
Yahweh Roi, the LORD, my Shepherd. Thank You, Lord, for being my Shepherd. I praise You for Your provision. I bless You for Your protection, for Your guidance, and for Your care. Alleluia. Thank You for Your goodness and mercy that will follow me all the days of my life. Thank You, Lord, because You are the God of abundance. I bless Your excellent name.

Prayer
Lord, as my Shepherd, may I always believe that I will never lack any good thing. As my Shepherd, help me to hear and know Your voice. Direct me in the way that leads to the path of righteousness. May I be satisfied with the fatness of Your house. May I not, with my own stubbornness, leave the sight of my great Shepherd.

Confession
Lord, You are my Shepherd, and I am Your sheep. You know my needs. You feed me and direct my path away from danger. You will not turn me over to the wolves because You are the good Shepherd who has laid down His life for His sheep. When I need comfort, You are there. In the valley of danger and death, You are beside me. The Lord, my Shepherd, will command His goodness and mercy to follow me all the days of my life.

Poem
Like shepherds know their sheep
The LORD will know your needs
He knows your hurt and loss
And leads you back from harm
When wolves are all around you
And the night becomes too dark
He keeps you safe and warm
Our God, The LORD My Shepherd

Dr. Tai Ikomi is an author of over 30 books .and a conference speaker. She gives seminars on the Names of God and forgiveness after forgiving the drunk man who killed her entire family. She is the founder of Forgiveness Discipleship.

Dr. Tai Ikomi
[email protected]
www.forgivenessdiscipleship.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print