Just Do What Is Right!
by Vanessa Grossett

There is never a dull moment in our human existence, when it comes to doing what is right, and what is wrong. Romans 7:21 (NIV), 'So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me.'

Galatians 5:17 (NIV) states 'For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want.'

Sometimes we get so tired of doing right, that we just want to go by our flesh. Thoughts like, 'What's the point, in doing good nobody apprentices it anyway,' starts entering our minds.

A friend of mind recently went through a flesh versus Spirit battle, within her marriage.

"He is always negative towards me, never is grateful for the things that I do,' she recently told me. 'I am the one who looks after our children, he does nothing with them. I am trying to be a good wife, trying to have the quiet and gentle spirit that is pleasing to the Lord, so I can be a witness, but it is never enough. I am not in love with him anymore, I want out of this marriage and now.' She then started wailing.

All I did was lent a listening ear and prayed; the worst thing we can do is offer advice to someone when they are in emotional pain.

Three weeks later I heard from her. She explained that she left the house, she needed that time; she even admitted that she enjoyed her 'single' life again. But she didn't feel at peace in her spirit. After she prayed, she knew the right thing to do was to go back to her husband. After they aired it out, and they both allowed God to work out the situation, they are both very happy, and in love again. They are looking to renew their wedding vows.

Sometimes we feel it is always our responsibility to fix things or people, we take on the burden, and then we become tired and weary of doing good. That is when we want the flesh to take over; I have news for you brethren, the Lord didn't tell us to try to fix things or people. We tend to complicate matters, when all the Lord wants us to do is stand still and do what is right. Don't get me wrong, there are times when we have to walk away from situations, especially when it affects our spiritual life, in fact you are doing the right thing if you walk away from something that is affecting your spiritual life, most of the time the Lord wants us to be still, and just do what is right.

Don't let circumstances; people or things affect your joy. You overcome evil with good, by doing what is right.

Trust me I understand sometimes this is a hard thing to do, especially if it is someone we have grown fond of, or close to us. Or if someone has betrayed us, God understands that, He came in human form. Though he is mercifully, and his grace is sufficient, this doesn't mean we should go on sinning. 'What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin so that grace may increase? May it never be! How shall we who died to sin still live in it?' Romans 6:1-2, (NIV)

It is better to ask for His grace not to sin, when the temptation comes, than to sin then ask for His grace. In fact that is what He wants us to do.
So brethren if you're faced with situation just do what is right, go back to the Word of God. As difficult as it maybe, it is better to please the Lord than let our flesh take over.

'To do what is right and just is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.' Proverbs 21:3.

Vanessa Grossett is a Literary Agent, and contributing writer for multi award winning Keep The Faith Magazine. She is also Outstanding Business Woman Finalist of 2017, visit www.theauthorscare.co.uk 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print