Give Him the Glory
by PamFord Davis

Satan had been unsuccessful in his efforts to cause Christ Jesus to yield to temptation. Yet, the devil was relentless.

The devil is also the father of lies.

"Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. And he said to Him, 'All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me (Matthew 4:8-9 NKJ)."

The earth is the LORD's.

The glory of past and present day world kingdoms is comparable to tarnished brass. God will not share His glory with man or their humanistic crumbling kingdoms.

Jesus did not falter. "Then Jesus said to him, 'Away with you Satan! For it is written, 'You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve (Matthew 4:10 NKJ)."

Satan now tries to turn God's children aside from wholehearted worship of the LORD.

"I am the LORD, that is My name; and My glory I will not give to another, nor My praise to carved images (Isaiah 42:8 NKJ)."

Glory to God!

"Not unto us, O LORD, not unto us, but to Your name give glory, because of Your mercy, because of Your truth (Psalms 115:1 NKJ)

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print