He Cried And They Did Not Hear
by Ngozi Nwoke

Have you ever cried to God and it is as if He didn't hear? If it is true, what could be the problem? God is not deaf, so if your cry seems not answered there must be a reason. This post explains one of the reasons why God would not hear you.

Therefore it is come to pass, that as he cried, and they would not hear; so they cried, and I would not hear, saith the Lord of hosts - Zechariah 7:13 (KJV)

Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded - James 4:8 (NKJV)

A one-sided love will not produce the best in a relationship. When one person is the only one giving in a relationship, a day will come when he will cease to give. So also, in your relationship with God, He says draw near to Me and I will draw near to you (James 4:8); take one step towards me and I will take steps towards you. Make a move to please God and He will surely make a move to please you; give to God and He will give to you, and you know that when you give God with your little hand, He will give you with His big hand.

Interestingly, God has taken the first step towards us, in that while we were yet sinners, God gave His only Son to die for us that whosoever believes will not perish but have everlasting life (John 3:16, Romans 5:8). Now, God expects you to take your own step towards Him.

God, in the scriptures, has given us His expectations of us, things He would want us to be doing and there too He has promised to release great blessings to us for obeying His instructions. Also, in the scriptures, the Lord has tabled His heartbeats and passion, such that whoever causes them to be fulfilled touches His heart and certainly enjoys overwhelming favours from God.

For instance, God does not want to share you with any other god (Deuteronomy 5:7-10), and anything you put before God is a god in your life. Also, one of His heartbeats is that no one should perish but that all will have everlasting life (2 Peter 3:9). So, if you have a passion for soul winning, you will be touching God's heart and that will pull His favour towards you. God, also, speaks to our hearts to do certain things for Him or to people and when you obey them, He blesses you.

So, when you choose to ignore His cries, the bible says, the Lord will also not hear when you cry out (Zechariah 7:13).

Why should it hurt you if you pray and God doesn't answer, when He cries and you don't answer? Surely, it hurts God too when we ignore Him. So, what should you do? Look inwards and find out the instructions of God you are yet to obey and obey them and I tell you, God will so bless you that you will not have enough room to contain the blessings (Malachi 3:10). Draw nigh to God today and He will draw nigh to you!

In 2 Kings 22:11-20, when King Josiah heard the words of the Book of the Law (what God said He would do to Israel if they disobey Him), he tore his clothes and inquired of God concerning the words of the book. God confirmed His wrath against Judah for disobeying Him and that He surely would bring calamity on Judah and the inhabitants. But because the King's heart was tender and he humbled himself before the Lord when he heard the words of the book, and he tore his clothes and wept before God, God said He also have heard him. The Lord then promised the King that he would die in peace and not see all the calamity which He would bring on Judah. And in 2 Kings 23:1-25, King Josiah went ahead and restored true worship in Judah, like no other king did before or after him. And he died in peace before the calamity came upon Judah.

In conclusion, anyone who hears God's cry and acts on it in obedience surely will have God hear him when he cries to God. God will answer and show him favour.

Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print