While Men Slept The Enemy Sowed Tares
by Ngozi Nwoke

Why is there so much wickedness and trouble in this world now? Why are situations getting worse instead of better? These are questions which if you are able to identify and adhere to their answers, your life and destiny will take a new turn for the better. This article aims at answering these questions.

But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way - Matthew 13:25 (NKJV)

Tremble, you women who are at ease; be troubled, you complacent ones; strip yourselves, make yourselves bare, and gird sackcloth on your waists. People shall mourn upon their breasts for the pleasant fields, for the fruitful vine....until the Spirit is poured upon us from on high, and the wilderness becomes a fruitful field, and the fruitful field is counted as a forest - Isaiah 32:11-15 (NKJV, emphasis mine).

When God created the world, everything was very good (Genesis 1:31), but when sin came in (through Adam's disobedience), everything started changing from very good to worse. The more the iniquity on earth the more things will become worse.

What can be done to change the situation?

Jesus Christ gave us the answer in Matthew 13:25: while men were sleeping, the enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. That is while men were spiritually sleeping, the enemy the devil came and sowed iniquities that gave rise to troubles and chaos everywhere. And the more they remain asleep, the more freedom he has to do more evil.

There is a strong need for men to cease being at ease and complacent about what is happening and choose to take the responsibility to call down the outpouring of the Holy Spirit on earth in prayers so that wilderness will become a fruitful field and the fruitful field be counted a forest (Isaiah 32:11-15).

A fervent prayer of faith avails much (James 5:15-16). Prayer of faith will always ward off the enemy and instill the will of God (which is always for your good) on earth. The more you pray, the farther away the enemy from your territory, and vice versa.

Why you must pray

You may wonder why God won't just stop the enemy instead of you praying. The truth is that God can't stop the devil expect you pray. Man is in charge on earth (Genesis 1:28). What he says stands, what he allows stays, whom he invites comes. So, just like the enemy was invited initially by Adam (Genesis 3, Luke 4:5-6) and is still welcomed on earth through man's thoughts, words and actions; so also, God needs to be invited before He can manifest on earth.

There are spiritual laws centered on obedience and disobedience to God's words, running in the world. However, man is tilted towards disobedience and so is getting the rewards of it. It takes God's intervention to get man back to obedience, and that's where your prayers come in. You need to pray for the will of God to be done on earth as it is in heaven (Matthew 6:10). YOU MUST PRAY IF YOU WANT TO SEE A CHANGE. Talking or murmuring about the negative things only makes them worse.

Will your prayer make a difference?

You may think that your own prayer will be like a drop in the ocean. But, that's not true spiritually, because God only needs a man after His own heart to effect a change (Ezekiel 22:23-31). You can be that man!

Abraham alone was going to save Sodom and Gomorrah when he interceded for them (Genesis 18:16-33). Unfortunately, God could not find ten righteous people in the cities for Him to spare them as He agreed with Abraham. He found only Lot, his wife and two daughters and so spared only them.

Also, Moses interceded for the Israelites when they sinned against God in the wilderness and God did not destroy them because of his prayers (Exodus 32:11-14).

Your prayers will make a great difference in your church, community or nation, even in the world. So, start praying today and don't quit till you see the desired change (Job 14:14).

Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print