The Power of Abiding in God's Love
by Ngozi Nwoke

Can you imagine the wonders of abiding in God's love? In a world full of wickedness, abiding in the love of God is the escape route from being a victim of wickedness. God is committed to protecting those who abide in Him. This article explains why you should dwell in the love of the Lord.

If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love - John 15:10 (NKJV)

Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him - John 14:23 (NKJV)

He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; my God, in Him I will trust." Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the perilous pestilence - Psalm 91:1-3 (NKJV)

Many people have done so many things in order to protect themselves from the wickedness in this world but to no avail. Some of the things they do give temporary protection while others disappoint woefully. But abiding in the love of God never disappoints!

Abiding in God's love not only gives you the good things of life and ultimately eternal life in heaven, but also makes you untouchable by the enemy (Psalm 105:15). Surely, they will try but they will fall for your sake (Isaiah 54:15)

What does it mean to abide in the love of the Lord?

It is to keep God's commandments, His words (John 15:10). It's letting God's words dwell richly in you to the point of it guiding you in what you think, say or do. It's letting His words be a lamp unto your feet and light unto your path (Psalm 119:105)

The power of abiding in God's love

When you keep God's words, you commit the Godhead to come and make their home with you and manifest themselves to you (John 14:21, 23). And when you are God's dwelling place, who will dare to attack you and succeed.

When God makes His home with you and He is in charge of your life by His words, the Lord becomes the owner of the house of your life and will be the one to answer any knock on the door of your life and not you. Can you imagine what will happen to the enemy when he knocks on the door of your life and the door opens and he sees God and not you?

Psalm 91 gives a download of the safety in dwelling in God's presence.

You come under God's protection
He becomes your refuge and fortress
He delivers you from every trap and pestilence of the enemy
You will no more be afraid of any evil whether in the day or night
Wickedness may be happening all around you but none will come near you
No evil will befall you, nor will any plague come near your dwelling;
God will give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways; they will bear you up, so that you don't dash your foot against a stone.
God will set you on high and answer you any time you call upon Him
In times of trouble, He will be with you. He will deliver and honour you
He will satisfy you with long life and show you His salvation.

In conclusion, if you are wondering how to protect yourself from the wickedness in this world, know that the answer is not farfetched from you. Only keep God's words, abide in His love and you commit God to protecting you absolutely. And the bible is the word of God.



Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print