Wonders of a Little Faith
by Wole Oladapo

O YOU OF LITTLE FAITH!
(Matthew 8:23-27; Mark 4:35-41; Luke 8:22-25)

The disciples entered into the ship, following the Lord whom they have come to trust. But no sooner had they entered than troubles arose. The wind colluded with the raging of the sea, and beat mightily upon the ship. The disciples became terribly afraid, and there remained with them just a little faith enough only to pace down the rear of the ship to wake their sleeping Master up from sleep.

The disciples have fed their eyes on the tumultuous raging of the sea, and their faith has dwindled away. They have fed their ears with words spoken by the threatening voices of the wind and the raging of the sea. Both of them have told them; "See your Lord sleeping. He does not care you perish, and surely, you shall!" The disciples who have become convinced by what they heard ran down the ship and put it through His head; "Teacher, care you not we perish?"

It is natural to get fearful in a fearsome situation, but it is supernatural to know the right place to run to in such a time. When we feed our hearts with what situations and circumstances say, we lose the consciousness that the Lord who brought us into the ship is there with us in the ship on the sea of life. This creates a favourable atmosphere for our fear to grow big enough to swallow our faith whole. But the faithful God will never let this be. It will always remain with us a portion of faith enough to run back to Him who authored the faith in us in the beginning, at the base of the ship.

The disciples ran to Him where He was and woke Him up. He arose, rebuked the wind and the raging of the water. He declared His peace and stillness which is comparable to nothing ever known in the world of the fallen. The result was a great calmness that brought the awe of His personhood upon the generation of little faith that found it a blasphemy to believe the Son of man is whom He claimed to be. The wind and the raging of the water heard His voice and became calm, and stillness reigned where confusion once reigned.
Brethren, it is not a sin when we discover that what remains with us is a little faith; a grain of it! We are able to realize this because He reveals it to us for a reason; to know what to do with the little that remains with us. But when we do not know what to do with our little faith, we fall into sin; for our little faith is strong enough to remove a mountain from its place and throw it into the sea. This is the power of a little faith!

Now is the time we ought to be conscious of the truth that our help is not lost that we should be searching for it from Bethel to Gilgal. Our help is always there with us on the sea of life, for the Lord Himself is our help. All we have to do is to approach Him with the little faith that remains with us, and choose to listen to His voice in the midst of contrary situations. He still speaks peace and stillness to turbulent sea and raging of the water as He did then with the disciples.

When we incline our hearts to His voice, and His word finds a thorough way into our heart, it dispels our fear and builds up the confidence of faith in us which comes only by hearing His Word (John 6: 21-22; Romans 10:17). Then, we become confident enough to face any situation and tell it that we care not what it says, and declare what God says over such situation. We inhabit the temple of God before whom the whole earth must keep silent, for He is there in His temple (Habakkuk 2:20). Whenever we see turbulence upon the sea of life, let us learn to run back to God, no matter how little the faith that remains with us, and declare His word over such situation. The next thing we see is His peace over the sea of life. Shalom!

free!

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print