Is Jesus Really Lord of Your Life?
by Vanessa Grossett

So many of us Christians would answer 'yes' to this question. 'Absolutely Jesus is Lord of my life, this is not a question I would need to answer.'

But is He really? Especially when it comes to our careers. When it comes to our careers, if we are honest with ourselves, we allow the Lord to take over in some parts. It is easier to fully surrender our husband, children, or even friends over to the Lord, so why not our careers? Because this is where we can gain material wealth, this is where we can really prosper to gain financial freedom. Lets keep it real, who doesn't want financial freedom? Who doesn't want to live nicely, and not have to live from wage to wage just barely surviving, of course we all do.

But what if the Lord had different plans for your career, would you surrender your career plans to Him and follow where He leads? Are you loving God for what He can do for you? Is He Lord of your life only because of what He can do for you, and to just gain blessings? Ouch, this really does take one to examine themselves.

These are questions that I had to ponder on; when I followed the career path that God gave me. A Literary Agent gets paid mainly by commission, now many including Christian ones, want large commission, which is understandable especially if they have an office, staff, and wages to pay. This is why they mainly choose high profile clients, instead of new authors. When you're an agent earning low commission, at times can get frustrating.

Recently I was faced with this dilemma. I was getting frustrated, 'Lord,' I cried, 'Myself and authors are putting in so much effort, and time into our projects yet we are seeing little in return.' Silence.

This silence then led me to doing things my own way. Taking on clients who yes may have credibility in their field, but whom I knew deep down wasn't writers, or there was no divine connection. In the end we had to part ways.

You see sometimes when we don't get results immediately, we end up doing things our own way, or we start doing too many things, which leads to more frustration.

The following weekend I went to Ellel Ministries, which is in the beautiful English countryside, Guildford. No Internet; no worldly distractions, just you and God.

One thing that was taught; which stuck out to me was making Jesus the Lord of your life. We had to honestly ask ourselves is Jesus the Lord of our lives in every aspect, and if I was honest no. He wasn't the Lord of my life in every aspect, as He wasn't Lord of my business life. I was the 'lord' of my business life because I ended up doing things without seeking Him for direction and guidance.

I wanted to rush ahead with my calling, rather than let the Lord guide me step by step. That weekend my outlook changed, I rededicated my business life back to the Lord. I rededicated the whole Company back to the Lord. I am at a place of peace, contentment, and joy.

Yes I believe it will prosper, and the clients that God has chosen for me will prosper, but not in our own way or time, but in the Lords way and time. Yes I have to do my part in the natural, but I still have to commitment ALL my ways onto the Lord.

I was reading a book, where a lady was talking about her journey into full time ministry; she said that 'God requires us to be faithful, not successful.' That really struck a cord with me. We sing songs like 'Great is thy faithfulness,' because God is faithful, but are we faithful to Him? Are we willing to let go of what He tells us to let go of, even if it is at our own discomfort? Are we willing to be faithful to the calling He has for us, even if it takes time to grow? Most importantly is He really going to be Lord of our life in every aspect, including our careers?

Yes hold onto the promises of God, but remember the promises of God does come with conditions. It is only God's loves that is unconditional.

Brethren it is my prayer that you rededicate everything back to the Lord. Let Him lead, and guide you in everyway. Let Him be the Lord of your life again, including your finances. Don't look to the left or right but straight ahead to the path He has you on.

'All hail the power of Jesus' Name! Let angels prostrate fall; Bring forth the royal diadem, and crown Him Lord of all. Bring forth the royal diadem, and crown Him Lord of all.' Taken from the song All Hail The Power of Jesus' Name.

'So be careful to do what the LORD your God has commanded you; do not turn aside to the right or to the left.' Deutremony 5:32.

Vanessa Grossett is a Literary Agent, and contributing writer for multi award winning Keep The Faith Magazine. She is also Outstanding Business Woman Finalist of 2017, visit www.theauthorscare.co.uk 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print