Make Believe and Reality
by PamFord Davis

I like fairy-tales; they allow young and old to stretch their imaginations.

Yet, I know there is a vast difference between make believe and reality. Fiction and non-fiction are decidedly different. There is not a real fairy godmother waving a magic wand and granting wishes.

To many, Esther is one of their favorite books in the Old Testament. It is a true story with drama, intrigue, love, conspiracy, and a beautiful woman's bravery. The king did not wave a magic wand over his realm. He extended a golden scepter of grace to his beloved.

"Then the king held out the golden sceptre toward Esther. So Esther arose, and stood before the king (Esther 8:4 KJV)."

Approaching the king uninvited was punishable by death. In grace, he granted Queen Esther's entrance and urgent requests that followed. It also served as a word picture of God's amazing grace.

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print