Words Of Change?
by Annagail Lynes

Death and life are in the power of the tongue..." - Proverbs 18:21

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me. I heard this when I was in elementary school.

This is not the truth, though. Our words can cut people to the very core. Words can be as abusive, even more so, than being beaten physically.

Our words have the power to heal, to encourage, to comfort, but our words also have the power to kill someone's spirit.

Our words contain power. They contain seed.

The Bible tells us that we can have what we say (Mark 11:23).

What are we saying? Is it good? Is it bad? Is it discouraging? Is it encouraging?

When we get angry with our spouse or our children, is what we say constructive or destructive?

What would you like other people to say when they are angry with you? How would you like them to encourage you, to build you up?

How can you be more like that? How can you change your words on a daily basis so that you are building people up instead of tearing them down?

How can you be light to a dark world by choosing to use your words to heal people instead of wound them?

Think about the answers to these questions, and choose to change your words to change the lives of others today.

Question of the day: In the comments below, write how words have affected your life.

Annagail Lynes is a pharmacy technician, certified life coach and ordained minister.  She is helping people move forward after trauma by helping them discover their purpose. Follow her blog at 316counseling.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print