Restricting The Flow?
by Annagail Lynes


And God is able to make all grace [every favor and earthly blessing] come in abundance to you, so that you may always [under all circumstances, regardless of the need] have complete sufficiency in everything [being completely self-sufficient in Him], and have an abundance for every good work and act of charity. - 2 Corinthians 9:8 (AMP)

God favors you. He wants to bestow His favor and blessings upon you.

Does He want to do this because you are just so good? So righteous? So perfect in and of yourself? No. Absolutely not.

We can never be or do enough to earn the blessings or favor of God.

God wants to favor us, to bless us, because of what Jesus did for us at the Cross when He died for and as us.

It is that Sacrifice that Jesus made at the Cross that puts us in right standing with God. It is that Sacrifice that makes God want to bless us, to favor us.

This Scripture clearly indicates that God is not withholding from us. It tells us that He is wanting us to have all abundance in all things, so that we can do the work of God, so that we can fund that homeless shelter or take in those foster children or build that new church in Africa.

The blessings of God are always flowing to us. God's favor, mercy and grace are always flowing toward us.

It is us that stops that flow from reaching us. It is like a garden hose. Once you turn on the water, the water is flowing through the hose. If you grab it in the middle and clamp it with your hand, the water is still flowing, only now it is restricted.

We clamp the flow of blessing, mercy and favor when we worry, when we meditate on the bad that could happen instead of the promises God has made to us.

When we worry, we are saying, "God, I've got this," but when we surrender the problem to Him and then rest in the Finished Work of Christ, meditating on the promises He has made us in His Word, then we see the blessings, the mercy, the grace flow to us. This is also when we see God show up and show out in our lives.

Let go and let the blessings and favor flow into every area of your life.

In the comments below, tell us a time when God did exceeding, abundantly above all you could ask or thing in a situation you were praying about.

_____________________________

Annagail Lynes is a pharmacy technician, certified life coach and ordained minister.  She is helping people move forward after trauma by helping them discover their purpose. Follow her blog at 316counseling.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print