Three Step Program
by PamFord Davis

Though you may have never been personally involved with an AA or codependency twelve-step program support group, the programs are likely familiar to you. My main problem with them is their choice to refer to a higher power as a source of help.

There is no higher power than Almighty God and he is worthy of that recognition.

He offers us a three-step program of justification, sanctification, and glorification. All are available through a personal relationship with his Son Jesus, making him both Lord and Savior. He sent the Holy Spirit as Counselor, enabling us to overcome temptation.

Although the terms justification, sanctification, and glorification may be a bit confusing the results are simple as ABC. After confessing our sin to the Father, turning away from our old way of life and surrendering to Jesus, God sees us as 'just as if' we had never sinned.

Through personal study of God's word, prayer, and worship with other believers, he sanctifies us, meaning we grow in our relationship with Christ. We continue to grow until we reach full maturity, glorification in the presence of God in our heavenly home.

"Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love (Ephesians 4:13-16 KJV)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print