Are You Listening?
by Annagail Lynes

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you. - Psalm 32:8 (ESV)

I have been through those deep, dark places of my mind. I have been trapped in an anxiety/panic disorder so bad that I couldn't talk to people in person or on the phone. I sat in the car instead of going into the drug store or grocery store because I was afraid that something in the store might trigger a panic attack.

I kept crying out to God for relief. I kept getting people to stand with me in prayer.

Little by little, God started leading me to write again, then He lead me to take over a Christian newsletter, which would force me to interact with people through the Internet, in the comfort of my own home.

Then I started to venture outside of the house, taking classes at the community college.

I made small talk with a few people, but my real relief didn't come until God moved me out of that relationship that had striped me of my voice, striped me of my identity, striped me of my destiny. A relationship I couldn't get out of on my own.

Now I am a totally different person. I talk to everyone. My bosses call me the Queen of Customer Service. My patients at my pharmacy love me because I am sociable and outgoing. I remember them by name.

It was God who taught me who I was supposed to be. It was God who lead me through the steps that brought me out of that disorder. It is God and God alone that caused me to go from hermit to social butterfly.

God is teaching us and leading us through the landmines of life. We have to just quiet down and listen to His promptings. What is God saying to you today?



Annagail Lynes is a pharmacy technician, certified life coach and ordained minister.  She is helping people move forward after trauma by helping them discover their purpose. Follow her blog at 316counseling.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print