Receive or Reject
by PamFord Davis

Seasickness is one malady I have yet to experience. I am not immune; I've just never taken a cruise. It does not score high on my bucket list. The connection between seasickness and a bucket were strictly coincidental.

Along the shoreline, Jesus, LORD of land and sea delivered a series of parables to a multitude. Many were sinsick and separated from the heavenly Father. [Matthew 13:1-52].

Did listeners receive healing? I am not sure how many did. What followed is heartbreaking. Many rejected him.

"And it came to pass, that when Jesus had finished these parables, he departed thence. And when he was come into his own country, he taught them in their synagogue, insomuch that they were astonished, and said, Whence hath this man this wisdom, and these mighty works? Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas? And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things? And they were offended in him. But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, save in his own country, and in his own house. And he did not many mighty works there because of their unbelief (Matthew 13:53-58 KJV)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print