Where Is Your Peace?
by Annagail Lynes

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. - John 14:27

Peace. What is peace? Is it the absence of fear? The absence of trouble?

No, peace is not an external force. It is an internal one.

Do feel peace in your life?

Not the peace that comes from the kids being in bed and the house being clean.

I am talking about that deep down feeling of peace with you and with your Creator, God.

That peace that no matter what the circumstances, no matter what is happening around you, you know that everything is under control, that God is still on the Throne.

A good example of this is the Shummanite woman in 2 Kings 4:8-37.

Elisha visited her so frequently that she build a room for him onto the house.

Elisha told her that she would have a son. She didn't quite believe him, seeing that her husband was older.

She did have a son the next year.

The son grew up and went to fields with his father. The son became sick. The servant took the boy home, where the son died.

The Shummanite woman packed up her animal and went in search of Elisha, the prophet of God. She knew if she could just find him that she would see her miracle.

When Elisha spotted her, he sent his servant to inquire if her and her son were okay.

She told the servant that everything was okay.

She used the Hebrew word for peace--Shalom. In other words, she was saying "Whatever is broken, I know my God will fix."

This is how we need to be. We need to be so solid in our faith that we know that whatever is broken in our lives, God is going to fix.

We need to have that peace that God is for us (Romans 8:31) and that He is going to perfect that which concerns us (Psalm 138:8).

Then even when the storms rage, we know God has it covered, that God has this.

Remember what Exodus 14:14 says, "The Lord shall fight for you, and you shall hold your peace."

It is God who fights our battles. Our job is only to believe.


Annagail Lynes is a pharmacy technician, certified life coach and ordained minister.  She is helping people move forward after trauma by helping them discover their purpose. Follow her blog at 316counseling.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print