Connections Do Help
by PamFord Davis

Have you ever tried to contact someone of notoriety in a high office of government? My husband and I used the grassroots method. Connections do help. The situation began in the State of Arkansas during the 1980 presidential primaries.

George H. W. Bush was making a campaign stop at the El Dorado airport. As KELD news director, my husband Norm did an interview with the candidate. A photographer for the city newspaper took a picture of Bush, along with my husband as he questioned him.

Years later, after serving as Vice President under Ronald Reagan, George Bush became the 41st President of the United States. The value of our snapshot memento soared.

We relocated to the State of Florida, where we were actively involved in the republican club. A young girl from the area worked in the State office of Governor Jeb Bush. Through her, we made needed connections. She had access to Jeb, who in turn had access to his father. He asked him to autograph our picture and he granted the request.

Through Jesus, we have direct access to the God of the universe. (Ephesians 2:13)

"And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father (Ephesians 2:16-18 KJV)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print