Where's The Fight?
by Annagail Lynes


But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:57

God gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Let that sink in for a moment. He gives us the victory.

If you look around, you don't see many victorious Christians. You see Christians who are killing in Christ's Name. You see Christians who are sick and dying. You see Christians who are mentally ill and living on the streets.

That doesn't negate this Scripture. This Scripture says that God gives us the victory.

How can that be true?

Jesus didn't just take our sins on that cross. He didn't just take the wrath and punishment for any sin we would ever commit (II Corinthians 5:21, Hebrews 10:10). No, He also took stripes on His back for our healing (I Peter 2:24). He also became the curse for us, meaning that whatever curses came in from the disobedience of Adam and Eve were broken that day (Galatians 3:13).

That day through Christ's death, we were given the victory.

Only most of us don't realize that the victory is already ours.

Think about this. You give a present to your daughter. She is holding it in her hands and yet she keeps asking you for her present.

That seems ridiculous, but it is what we do with God.

God has already given us the victory and yet we keep asking for it.

We need to fight from victory ground, protecting what is already ours, instead of trying to gain the victory.

We have to meditate on this, get this deep in our spirit, that we are not fighting for the victory. The victory is already ours. Won for us at the cross by Jesus.

What areas are you trying to gain the victory in today? Why not change gears and start thanking God that the victory is already yours in those areas today?


Annagail Lynes is a pharmacy technician, certified life coach and ordained minister.  She is helping people move forward after trauma by helping them discover their purpose. Follow her blog at 316counseling.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print