So, You Love Jesus But Don't Like the Church.
by Wayne Brooks

(For this article Church with an upper case C refers to the universal Church, the Body of Christ and the Bride of Christ, church with a lower case c refers to the local church fellowship or community.)
I was listening to a podcast by Ger Jones of Vintage Church in L.A. and he talked about how he had heard people say that they loved Jesus but did not care for Church. He went on to say how wrong this thinking was. I too had heard people say this and at the time just thought it was one of those fad sayings of the contemporary Church. Although I knew it just did not sound right. When I heard Ger speak about it, it got me to thinking. Ger did a great job of teaching on the Church and I got a lot out of it. But I saw that it was just lunacy to think that we could love Jesus and not like His Church. The Church that Jesus called His Bride. (Rev. 19:7 and 21:9; Eph. 5:21-23)
I thought how I would feel if someone told me, "I love you but don't care much for your wife" or "Hey, let's have lunch but leave your wife at home." My wife and I are joined by Christ and cannot be separated by man. (Gen. 2:23-24) So is Christ and the Church, the Bride of Christ.
If you are one of these that say you love Jesus but could do without the Church, I urge you to consider the Marriage Supper of the Lamb, mentioned in the Bible. (Rev. 19:9) Do you really think you will make it being just a Jesus lover and not a lover of His Church?
Being in Christ, you are part of the Church. (Rom. 12:5; 1 Cor. 10:17 and 12:12; Gal. 3:28; Eph. 4:4-6) It is your part to join with the Body of Christ and become the Bride without spot or wrinkle.
I have told many people through the years who have told me they could not find a church they could feel comfortable with and I told them that they did not need to stop looking until they had visited every church in their town. It is foolishness to think that Christ saved someone and did not place them in the Church as a whole. (Acts 2:47; 5:14; 11:24)
A true lover of Jesus Christ can fit in with any part of the Bride that the Lord guides them to. He may put you somewhere you feel uncomfortable in, but you are needed. Seek the Lord and choose to love His Church. Fellowship with them, pray for them and give thanks for them.

Wayne Brooks is a blue collar worker in the manufacturing field. He also writes a blog dealing with Christians in the workplace and Marketplace Ministry.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print