Adam Tries to Create a Companion
by Greg Miller



By Greg Miller 2015

God created Adam and placed him in the Garden of Eden, which the Creator had planted.

The Sovereign Lord had fashioned Adam in His likeness and in His image, cleverly molding and shaping the small pieces of earth into an exact replica of himself.

The Creator breathed the breath of life into His creation, and Adam began his life in Paradise. Amazed at his new surroundings, Adam repeatedly exclaimed, "Wow! Wow! Wow!

"This is a wonderful life," Adam thought to himself. "But I'm very lonely. I wish I had a companion."

Adam knelt on the ground and with his hands began digging around some of the beautiful flowers which dotted the landscape. He dug up several handfuls of dirt and made a small mound of the unusual feeling substance.

At that point, the earth had never experienced rain, so Adam knelt down and let the mist rising from under the earth moisten his hands. He returned to his mound of dirt, once again kneeling to the ground.

"What are you doing, Adam," asked the Sovereign Lord.

"I'm alone and lonely," Adam responded. "I thought I would mix a little of this moisture with the dirt and make a companion for myself."

"And you have no idea where to start, right?"

"Yes and no. My companion needs to be quite a bit like me, yet somewhat different. Someone I can enjoy being with."

"So you're going to try to create a companion for yourself, in sort of the same way I created you?"

"Yes, sir," Adam smiled, thinking the Creator was happy with his decision to create his own companion.

"I do want you to have a suitable helper to share your life. But you are trying to create that companion yourself, using water and dirt. I do want to you have a companion and be happy, but I will create her for you."

Genesis 2:21-22 tells us, "And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man."

Adam realized God needed no help in providing a suitable helper for him, and God knew Adam had learned his lesson. God told Adam to return the mound of dirt to its original location.

"By the way, Adam, even if I had allowed you to create your own companion, you wouldn't have needed the water. When I created you, I didn't need a single drop!"

To contact the writer of this column about speaking engagements, including Christian Comedy Fundraising Outreaches, Christian Creativity Seminars and/or puppet ministry, please email [email protected] or [email protected].




By Greg Miller  2018

 Greg is retired from the Elizabethton STAR Newspaper, after working there for almost 23 years. He now freelances for the paper. Contact email address is [email protected], also facebook.com/kidcool4jesus. Available for speaking engagements/other ministries. Jesus is Lord

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print