Types of Kindness
by Olawale Ogunsola

The truth is 'Kindness begets kindness'. Have you ever shown kindness to others? Why? What are the motives behind your kindness? Do you know that there are various kinds of kindness? You may also see this as 'Motives behind kindness' .

Now, let us examine four of them to identify the most profitable:

1, Satanic Kindness. Do you know that certain kindness is not only dangerous but of the devil? The motives behind such kindness is mischief: to steal, kill, or destroy_ John, 10:10a.

In the south-west Nigeria, that is In the western part of Africa, a wise saying is "Whoever gives his daughter to you as wife attained the peak of kindness because he wants you to have seeds after you.'

It is, however, sad that certain people have the effontery to give their daughters as wives to others to harm them.

A popular instance from the Scriptures is that of the first king in Israel, Saul. He said to young David,
"Here is my older daughter
Merab; I will give her to you as wife.
Only be valiant for me, and fight the Lord's battles. 1Samuel 18:17(first part).

This was an open declaration but what was that evil motive behind it? The Scriptures reveal,
Let my hand not be against him, but let the hand of Philistins be against him. 1 Samuel 18:17 (second part).

Thanks to God, Meriab was given to another man, although the evil thought of King Saul against David remained. She was replaced with her younger sister, Michal, who loved and protected David. 1 Samuel 18:20, 19:11-17.

Do you show this kind of kindness,? If yes, stop today! It is from the kingdom of hell.

2. Man's kindness. This can also be called flash-based or flesh-influenced kindness. It is the commonest of all types of Kindness. This is the kindness of man to man with an ulterior motive. Let us examine the life of David to establish this point.

David in his days of trouble saw a reason to show kindness to a foolish but opulent man whose name was Nabal. I am not trying to be derogatory about him because Nabal almost means foolishness(1 Samuel 25:25).

Do you know the reason behind David's kindness to Nabal? He was expecting Nabal to repay him. At an expected time, David sent ten young men to Nabal on a 'feast day' when he was sheering his sheep.
David's humble request, through his young men was,
'...Please, give whatever comes to your hand to your servants and to your son David.' 1 Samuel 25:8b.

When Nabal rebuffed David's young men, he then determined to destroy all men in Nabal's household in self-revenge. His thoughts were
'Surely in vain I have protected all that this fellow has in the wilderness, so that nothing was missed of all that belongs to him.
And he has repaid me evil for good.' 1 Samuel 25:21.


Note that David was not engaged to protect Nabal's things in the wilderness but he purposed to show kindness to him for a benefit. His expectation failed but he became an enemy of Nabal's household, the sinful and the sinless.

Thanks to God who sent Abigail, Nabal's wife, to prevent David from self-revenge. The Lord has a reward for everyone who repay evil for good. Proverbs 17:13. Nabal's was killed by God on the tenth Day.

Kindness must attract kindness. This is right and true! However, it is not good enough to show man's kindness to man; it brings sadness and disappointment that can lead to negative action.

3. Hypocritical or selective kindness. This also is a form of man's kindness to man that operates within a group or religious circle. A group of people may determine to show kindness to only members of their group. They circulate it within the circle; no other persons have access their kindness because it is restricted.

The Lord Jesus Christ warned His follower to be careful of this type of kindness because an excellent one is expected from each and everyone of us. He declared,
'For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the Scribes and Pharisees (religious groups), you will by no means enter the kingdom of Heaven.
But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you,, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you.' Matthew 5:20,44-45.

This kindness extends beyond a 'family circle'. This takes us to the next and excellent type of kindness.

4. God's kindness. This type of kindness is the best and the most rewarding. Joy is embedded in it with great expectations from God who rewards anyone who shows His kindness to his/her fellows.

Still having David as our reference point, after the Lord has given him rest from all his enemies as King over Israel, he determined to demonstrate kindness of God. He said,
'Is there not still someone of the house of Saul, to whom I may show the kindness of God?' 2 Samuel 9:1.

Who received this kindness of God from the house of Saul?

A servant in the house of Saul replied him,
'There is still a son of Jonathan who is lame in his feet.' verse 3.

What was the kindness of God?

King David said 'Mephibosheth,, do not fear, for I will surely show you kindness for Jonathan your father's sake, and will restore to you all the land of Saul your grandfather, and you shall eat bread at my table continually.' verse 6-7.

Note these about the kindness of God which king David showed to Mephibosheth:
1. It was an undeserved one. He was a grandson of David's archenemy who spent years looking for ways to eliminate him.

2. Mephibosheth was not fit to enter the palace because he was lame on his feet.

3. Mephibosheth could not repay such kindness.

This type of kindness is what the Lord Jesus Christ expects from His followers. He declared in Matthew 5:20 thus,
'For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the Scribes and The Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.'

Therefore, it is expedient for you to show the kindness of God to all who come across your way and need it. Your reward will come from God.
Stay blessed and rapturable because the Lord is coming soon.

The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print