The tide
by Cyril Almond

I have childhood memories of trying to be the one who could hold the tide back with my sandcastle.
I was fortunate enough to be brought up by the sea side. We used to wait for the tide to come in. We would then build a sandcastle that we thought would not be destroyed by the tide.
They were very grand, and for those of us who were practiced at this art, they were much to be admired.

I am talking about before the second world war. When people would come on holiday to my town. We would then have extra helpers as they had the children with them.
We had fun and in those days of not a lot of money. It cost us nothing, the sand would always be there ready to use.

Needless to say, the tide would always breach the walls of our castles. But what fun to see which one could hold out until the last
Then along came the war and our beach had barbed wire on it and soldiers patrolling. At our age if there was one thing we disliked the enemy for it was this.

Our beach had been stolen from us. Only time we got down there was to go with the lorry that would get and fill sandbags. Then we would help by shoveling sand into them.

The years have gone by and i still live by the sea. And i know that you can not stop the tide. It is the same with the word of God. People will try to stop it and silence it. But God will always find a way around them.

Jesus said in John 3 verse 8. That the wind goes and does what it likes. You can hear it, but can not tell where it comes from.
But we know where the Holy Spirit comes from and he will go wherever he wants to. As directed from the throne of grace

The Holy Spirit blew on us and revealed to us the reality of Jesus. Then to reveal to us the Glory of the Kingdom of heaven. This was done to John the divine on the isle of Patmos. The Romans put him there to shut him up.

But a voice said come up here and John was in the spirit. Revelations were given to him. We have only to read the prophesy of Revelations, to read what was shown to him.

You see the Romans tried to stop the tide of the good news. Others will as well, but you see Living waters can not be stopped. No matter how big the barrier or the castle. Praise God.

My website www.gabrielshouse .co.uk

Face Book gabrielshouse. I am a retired Pastor. I now help in a leadership team. Still preach and teach at 83. God is so good to me. I go on the streets and keep divine appointments. In these end times we need to do that.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print