Have Fellowship With God
by Ngozi Nwoke

What do you do with the 24 hours of your day? How many seconds or minutes or hours daily do you allot to the giver of your life? The time you give to God, your maker, determines what happens to the rest of the day. One reason why God made man was for fellowship and whoever satisfies this will be satisfied by Him. This article encourages you to make a choice to fellowship with God.

God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord - (1 Corinthians 1:9, NKJV)

And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden. Then the Lord God called to Adam and said to him, "Where are you?" - (Genesis 3:8-9, NKJV)

You can have time for anything you want to create time for. Many people are really busy, with work, family, business, career and or academics, that they actually wish the day has more than 24 hours. Time management gurus have told us that 24 hours are really enough if we know how to manage it well. Unfortunately, most people will first of all eliminate their time with God when they are shedding their activities for the day.

But it is your time with God that will make your other activities for the day meaningful and fruitful. Some people think God will understand and overlook. I'm sorry to say that though His mercy will speak for you now and then, you will be losing out from the best He can offer you. Certainly, it will be unjust for God to give you the same things He gives someone who puts Him as his number one priority in life and satisfies the fellowship calling.

At new birth, you enter into a relationship with God but it is a matter of choice to fellowship with God. You are called into fellowship of Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 1:9) and it is your choice to answer the call. When God made man, He was always fellowshipping with them (Genesis 3:8-9) just like He still desires to even now. At the fall of man, this fellowship was severed but was restored through Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 5:18-19)

Now, it's not that you will leave things you need to do to be praying and reading your bible all day, or be in church or at crusades or house to house evangelism 24 hours a day. That will amount to foolishness and God will frown at it. Even Jesus required one hour from the disciples to fellowship with God (Matthew 26:40). If you are filled with the Holy Spirit and are sensitive to His leading, you will know what activities or functions to be involved in per time. Remember, it is not how many activities you are involved in that really matters to God, it is the heart, your focus and the motive behind it. However, you need to have quality time with God.

Let's consider Daniel who was part of the governing body under more than three kings over Babylon. He had serious quality fellowship with God, he prayed and gave thanks to God three times a day (Daniel 6:10) and yet executed his duties most efficiently and effectively, to the point that his enemies could not find a way to accuse him of evil except in his fellowship with God. You know the story: he didn't stop his fellowship with God even though he knew the lion's den was going to be his next point of call if he was to be caught. God vindicated him and his enemies fell into the trap they set for him.

Again, King David also prayed three times daily (Psalm 55:17) and praised God seven time a day (Psalm 119:164) and yet became a King that would never be forgotten in Israel or in the Christendom.

In conclusion, having fellowship with God does not diminish you instead it increases you. It is not a waste of time but a time to add value to your life. Everyone who chooses to be fellowshipping with God makes a wise decision. Go ahead and make this wise decision today and be blessed.

Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print