When Are You A Christian?
by Olawale Ogunsola

One sad thing about being a Christian NOWADAYS is that it attracts many adjectives that proves that there are many types of Christians. I don't know of many Jesus Christs. Followers of Jesus Christ were known as His disciples. They followed Him closely and intimately. Everywhere they went, people could see that they have been moving with Christ. They learnt to live according to His words and ways.
"And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch." Acts 11:26(f) KJV.

Note well that no adjective preceed the word "Christians". They were one body in christ.

But today, the reverse is the case. There are many words to describe different types of Christians : Devoted, nominal, Sunday - Sunday, pocket - size, annual and so on.

One of the factors that classify "Christians" is time. The wind of Christmas blows every December of each year. It is a period when many places are beautified. Joy is smelt and felt in the air. Many people who never attended a church service during the year wake up to remember that they also have a Christian name like, Peter, Daniel, Andrews, Deborah, Esther, Rebecca, and so on.

When are you a Christian?

Do you have a specific time which you set aside to be a Christian? If you do, then you must have a change of heart. Remember that to follow Jesus Christ is not a part - time assignment but a full - time one. Act11:26 (f) DOES NOT read "And the disciples were called Christians on a special day, month or year"! Their actions and reactions portrayed them as Christians each minute.
Be a disciple of Christ, a Christian, all the time!

WHERE?

Do you know that another color is added to who a Christian is by place? What do I mean!? Certain people have places where they are good Christians. So many of them are saints of Jesus Christ only in the church where other brethren are present. Their words and deeds are similar to that of a serious disciple of Christ. They put on false humility or humbleness.

There are other Christians who claim to be so only where their Pastor(s) are present. Absence of those ministers assures them that they are free to act like people of the world.

Not only this, some Christians are so only where there is an assembly of Kingdom people who can check their excesses.

Do you also have special places where you have purposed to be a Christian? It is not in your favor.

A Christian should be one everytime and everywhere. Otherwise, you have become an hypocrite. God forbid! The scriptures in Act 10:38 about our leader Jesus Christ thus,
"How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good...." KJV.

A Christian indeed should follow the steps of Jesus Christ by going about being a Christian ", anytime and anywhere.

Note that your consistent walk and stand before the Lord guarantees your place in eternal life. Do you want to be there? Be a Christian all the time and everywhere.
Stay blessed and rapturable because the Lord is coming soon.

The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print