Interracial Marriage: The Bible View
by Gregory John Monroe

Some would have us believe that the Bible speaks against interracial marriage. And they're right! It does! Right there in Deuteronomy 7: 1-6, the Israelites are told not to intermarry with the inhabitants of the nations that they will defeat.

However, God's reason for telling them that is because those nations would "turn your sons away from following Me, that they may serve other gods." The Lord knew that it was the spiritual beliefs of outsiders, not necessarily their ethnicity, that would poison the minds of His followers.

The Bible speaks of God ordaining marriage as between a man and a woman. That they may be of different races, in and of itself, doesn't matter. We have the example of Moses marrying a woman of another race. And Moses' brother and sister Aaron and Miriam were punished by God for criticizing the fact that the marriage was interracial.

What does matter, and is divinely approved, is that husband and wife both be believers. For all are one in Christ.

That's further underscored by a New Testament admonition. 2 Corinthians 6:14 says "Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers." In other words, a Christian should not marry a non-Christian. There is nothing wrong with interracial marriage when both are believers.

Many will be shocked by Gregory's book, The Three Angels' Message. It ID's Antichrist and the "mark of the beast," and the role both are playing today in the end-time issue of worship. The book's biblical  & historical proof can't be denied. Get more info now at http://www.tinyurl.com/6pk3pyq

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print