Ravenous Wolves
by PamFord Davis

I viewed the 'Wilderness Family' films with my husband, our young daughter and son back in the late 1970's. We also enjoyed the 'Grizzly Adams' TV series. Witnessing fictional adventures, minus the dangers of actually living in a wilderness setting was safe.

Frequently, danger scenarios revolved around ravenous packs of wolves.

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves (Matthew 7:15 KJV)."

Earlier today, I remembered what I viewed in frightening wilderness scenes. In peril, the victims protected themselves. They pelted aggressive animals with stones, warded them off with flaming large tree branches, and they yelled.

Spiritually, God's family lives among ravenous packs of wolves. We must defend ourselves and others from attack.

What would the Father have us to do?

Put on his protective armor. Use our weapon, speak God's word! (Ephesians 6:10-18)

Claim victory by the power of Jesus, whose arms branched out upon Calvary's cross. (Luke 23:33)

Stand firm in faith. He who baptized with the Holy Spirit and fire, empowers us! (John 1:32-34/Acts 2:1-4)

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print