Finding Pleasure in Weakness
by PamFord Davis

Why do I assume that weakness equates failure?

When I admit my weaknesses, I exhibit strength of character.

Through weakness, I find supernatural strength.

Consider the compelling testimony of Apostle Paul.

"But He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.' Therefore, I will most gladly boast all the more about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may reside in me. So I take pleasure in weaknesses, insults, catastrophes, persecutions, and in pressures, because of Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong (2 Corinthians 2:9-10 HCS)."

Consider some of the key words in his message grace, sufficient, power, weakness, boast, Christ's power, pressures, weak, and strong.

I am prone to see weakness as being negative and strength as positive. Paul's testimony opens new meaning to the key words. He found pleasure in weakness; he received God's strength.

Focus on another of his divinely inspired messages to believers.

"Finally, be strengthened by the Lord and by His vast strength (Ephesians 6:10 HCS)."

Amen and Amen.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print