Are You Dependent on God?
by Vanessa Grossett

'Yes totally dependent,' will be some of our responses, but are we really?

Recently I had an overwhelming feeling of doubt. I doubted things in my personal and business life. Though I knew the scriptures James 1:6 'But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.' Also '"Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me.' John 14:1. However the feeling of doubt was still strong.

When that feeling comes we start to feel disappointed, unhappy, and worried. We lose our focus, and to shake off the feeling, we start doing things in our own human efforts and capability. When things go wrong we unfortunately tend to blame God for the wrong that has happened or is happening in our lives. Thank God for His grace and mercy when we do come back to our senses, and realise that we are nothing without Him.

You see I started to get this overwhelming feeling of doubt when I lost my focus on God. I was in a hurry for certain things in my life to start manifesting; I just didn't want to go through another year without these things not happening. Because of how I was feeling I temporarily forgot my dependency on God, I was moping, feeling sorry for myself, even asking God, 'why is this happening?

My mind was bombarded with so much negativity, so much to the point that I just didn't want to do anything. But thank God that weeping may endure in the night but joy cometh in the morning, and He picks us up when we are disappointed.

We lose our dependency on God, and allow the enemy to toy with our emotions when we take our eyes off Him, and start looking at our circumstances. Don't get me wrong, there will come negative times, and we shouldn't ignore our problems, but what we must do is place them in our Saviours hand and completely trust Him, because when we want to fix things ourselves, we start becoming dependant on ourselves and even other people. We forget that God is in control, His ways is neither our ways, nor His thoughts our thoughts.

Jeremiah 32:27 '"I am the LORD, the God of all the peoples of the world. Is anything too hard for me?'

There is nothing too hard for our God. He does keep His promises to us. He does hear and will answer our prayers according to His will and purpose for our lives. He will deliver, He will heal, He will provide. He holds the future, and the present.

Brethren lets back to being dependant on God, let's not allow our minds to be clouded with things that may not have any relevance to us, and if they do, place it in God's hands and leave it there. Trust that He will take care of everything and just seek Him daily. Remember it is the Lord that order our steps, we are not suppose to always figure everything out, we just need to take the steps He requires us to take, and allow the Lord to direct our path.

"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:33-34.

Vanessa Grossett is a Literary Agent, and contributing writer for multi award winning Keep The Faith Magazine. She is also Outstanding Business Woman Finalist of 2017, visit www.theauthorscare.co.uk 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print