Pesky Moths
by PamFord Davis

I very rarely wear wool garments anymore. Living in the Deep South may contribute to the change in fashion trend.

A native of NY State, I recall quite a bit more wool in our family's wardrobe. Pesky moths and silverfish took a bite out of items hanging from closet racks. As a protective measure, Mom put some of her treasured wool coats in our hallway cedar closet.

"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:19-21 NKJ)."

One of my pastors did an application switcheroo in the last sentence of the focal Scripture passage, stating that where your heart is, there your treasure will be also. So true. Is my heart abiding in Christ; do I treasure His presence? I do not want to be a heart failure statistic.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print