Blessed are those who have not seen
by Femi Onabanjo

Text: John 20:29

Faith is always of things unseen. A faith that waits to see evidence before it believes is not faith but unbelief, for "to have faith is to be sure of the things we hope for, to be certain of things we cannot see". (Heb. 11:1; GNB)

Faith also has its rewards. To quote Albert Barnes in his commentary on this scripture: "God blesses those most who most implicitly rely on His Word". Some of faith's most significant rewards are:

1. It gives rise to divine revelation. When Simon (Peter) let down his nets in faith, as instructed by Jesus, he had a net-breaking catch. Upon experiencing the results of his faith, he had a revelation of his own sinfulness. (Luke 5:5,8)

2. It grows when used. After the miraculous catch, Jesus called them to a higher level of faith, to which Simon and his partners were able to respond. They left everything (including the booty they had only just got) and followed Jesus. (Luke 5:11; Matthew 17:20, Mark 4:31)

3. Our faith can influence others. Simon's faith inspired faith in James and John as they also followed Jesus. This is one sobering truth: If we fail to use our faith, we deprive not only ourselves but others of many blessings.


Prayer:
Lord, help me to have faith; help me to use my faith. (See Mark 9:24)

Femi is a Christian who desires to be fruitful for God. He wants to contribute to the growth of the Kingdom and to this end, it is his joy to freely share whatever the Lord lays on his heart for the benefit of others.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print