Meal Planning
by PamFord Davis

We think a great deal about time management. I wonder how much of our time is spent thinking about food. Many cooks are efficient menu planners, deciding a week or more in advance what they will prepare.

On the other hand, there are procrastinators like me who delay those decisions as long as possible. Being one who hates to cook, meal planning is not my cup of tea.

My Dad wondered what he'd be eating at his next meal; with anticipation, he waited for each breakfast, lunch, and supper.

In his later years, Dad dozed in his recliner day and night. Upon awakening, he occasionally became confused, not sure what time of the day it was. No matter, all that he wanted to know was what Mom would be fixing for them to eat.

Apparently Jesus' Disciples were preoccupied with meals.

"In the meantime His disciples urged Him, saying, 'Rabbi, eat.' But He said to them, 'I have food to eat of which you do not know.' Therefore the disciples said to one another, 'Has anyone brought Him anything to eat?' Jesus said to them, 'My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish His work (John 4:31-34 NKJ)."

Bon Apptit!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print