Working Like Magic
by Kelechi Ammishaddai

January passed quickly. On the last day of the month, I decided to write down all prayer requests I had asked of God those I'd received and those I was still expecting answers to. The more I wrote, the more I realized how good God has been and how ungrateful I was sometimes by always asking for more without thanking Him enough for all He does.

2016 is a little more than a month old, and already full of testimonies for me and Kay. Miracles that have no logical explanations have happened, and some tough times too. To be clear, we are not one of those "Christian brothers and sisters" whose lives you can't relate to. We are a regular couple in love, who recently found God to be real, and this has changed life as we know it.

Getting to know Him deeply gives peace of mind and assurance of progress. Life seems old and new at the same time. You're still the same person yet all the things you used to worry about pale in the understanding of the new life you've gained. You are able to appreciate good things that happen, and worry less about uncertainties because you know you can expect stability from a God whose character is goodness.

But giving your life to Christ does not magically erase your worries or make you infinitely wiser than you were. If it did, making the deciding to become born-again would be easy for everyone. Problems remain after the decision, insufficiencies too. They may even seem more magnified in the face of your new life. Something we, as Christians, need to learn is to imbibe a habit of thanking and trusting in God even when things aren't perfect. The question, "How do we thank God when life doesn't seem to be going our way" is one we must answer and practice daily.

Should we fake thanksgiving when all we feel is tears? No. You're allowed to feel down and sad, but not to the detriment of worshiping and loving God as you would have if things were perfect. The Bible says clearly in Ecclesiastes 3:1 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens There is a time to be happy and a time to be sad. But regardless of our emotions, trusting in God's omnipotence is mandatory.

Here are some of our testimonies from this week:

Wednesday, February 3rd

Q: I learnt today about trusting in God with my insecurities.

I grew up miserly. Spending cash always seemed to be a luxury I couldn't afford. This characteristic became more glaring today when I realized I was stressing over how much I had eaten based on how much I had spent. In my mind, I had eaten too much because I had spent too much on food. But I had only eaten twice that day. So there I was, hungry and struggling not to eat because I was justifying my stinginess with gluttony. So I asked my best friend for help and she told me it was a mind game. I had started feeling guilty and my stinginess was making me feel like a glutton.

I learnt from God to let go of my stinginess and enjoy everything he had given me including enjoying food He had created.

Thursday, February 4th

K: I had a business conference I really wanted to attend. Only to realize that my passport was almost expired. I had no time to renew the passport before applying for a visa to attend the conference. I was in a fix. I decided to apply anyways. So I told Q; we prayed about it, and God came through. I got the visa without any hitch.

The ease with which I got it, considering that my almost expired passport literally made no sense. And that's the power of God working. During my waiting time, I had to stop myself from worrying endlessly. I had to keep reminding myself that worrying changes nothing, God is fair, and to pray instead. From this experience, I learnt to trust more, and pray more.

May God get us to a point where our trust is without borders and our faith grows stronger as adversity rises. Because from adversity comes triumphs. If my passport wasn't almost expired, this would not have been a big testimony, it would have simply been a visa application gone good.

We need to remind ourselves when things are hard, that these experiences are stepping stones to monumental miracles.

God is preparing something good for His people all the time, even when it doesn't feel like it.

We'll love to hear from you. Please drop your comments and thoughts at 24Attractions.wordpress.com

We are a long distance couple who believe that the secret to a life worth living is God + Positivity + Love. Our goal is to share this truth and help everyone find joy in their everyday lives. 

Visit our blog: 24attractions.wordpress.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print